Tuesday, September 8, 2015

No, I Don't Hate Children

It's come to my attention recently that some people think I hate children.

I want to set the record straight that just because I don't want children of my own doesn't mean that I don't like other people's children. Quite the contrary!

Actually, surprisingly enough, I enjoy being around kids. It's pretty fun. Giggling, tickling, playing hide and seek, playing with a rattle or just walking around, I enjoy spending time with children.

That being said, I don't appreciate rude or disrespectful behavior, especially while in public. I don't really think anyone likes that sort of behavior, but I really hate it too. That, however, doesn't mean that I hate children.

Please, bring your kids over to my house. I don't mind. I also don't have many toys other than some coloring books and a playful dog. That's about it. But that doesn't mean kids aren't welcome to come over. I guess I do have Netflix, so there's always Dora or Spongebob to watch.

I have been around children my whole life. Growing up, my youngest sister and a cousin were seven years younger than me and my other cousin was nine years younger. I started babysitting a month old baby when I was 12, and continued to watch him until I was 18 and he was six. Many of my friends and other family members have had kids and I've held, fed and played with them all. I may be a little rusty, but I know how to act and be around children. I just don't have patience for loud crying or rude behavior.

I'm actually very excited that my sister may have a baby soon (she just needs to get pregnant!), so I can play with a new baby and be an aunt. I am already an aunt, just on my husband's side. It's exciting to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment